Being active on social media platforms is becoming almost a necessity for doing business today. People expect you to be on social platforms, actively engaging and providing valuable information to your clients.
Having an active presence on social media allows you to reach new prospects, connect with clients on a deeper level and reinforce your role as a trusted advisor, eventually leading to selling more and solidifying your retention.
Why is social media important for business?
A successful social media strategy grows new business opportunities, helps secure client loyalty and positions your brokerage as a thought leader. Social media is important for businesses for several different reasons.
- It creates influence in a way that traditional media cannot, for minimal cost
- Consumers today expect a company to have a social media presence, and often seek out companies on social media
- People are likely talking about your brand online, and if you are not on social media, you are missing valuable opportunities to respond, handle negative comments and engage
- Your competitors are more than likely on social media, reaching prospects that you may be missing
Social media benefits for you
The benefits of having an online social media presence are limitless. Forward-thinking brokerages already have established an online presence, and they are using this as an opportunity to drive growth and strengthen client relationships. Benefits to being on social media include:
- Minimal initial investment, if any
- Increase referrals as happy clients share their satisfaction with their own social networks
- Interact with prospects and clients on an individual level to deepen relationships
- Share valuable content, solidifying your role as a trusted advisor
- Increase cross sell opportunities and strengthen your retention
- Can be helpful in crisis situations, as an alternate communication platform during natural disasters and similar situations
Establishing an online presence is crucial for today’s high-growth brokerages. Using these platforms can lead to selling more and solidifying retention, the goal of any brokerage.